Booking Terms and conditions
The Purpose of this page is to communicate with you, the customer our booking terms and conditions, cancellation policies and other important information in relation to your booking with us.
Dive or Snorkel Tours:
· In order to join a snorkel tour, you must be able to swim.
· In order to join a scuba tour, you must at minimum be certified Open Water diver by an Recreational Scuba Training Council recognised training agency and present proof to staff.
· For guided dives in Ewens Ponds and Kilsby’s Sinkhole (non-overhead zone) you do not need cave diver certification.
· Divers not holding a current cavern diving certification or above will under no circumstances be permitted to enter the overhead zone of Kilsby’s sinkhole, no exceptions. (Trimix, Advanced Wreck, Instructor, Divemaster or any other certification that does not explicitly allow diving in the overhead zones of cave environments are not equivalent to or above a Cavern certification and the diver will be required to remain in the non-overhead zone.)
· In order to join a cave diving or technical diving tour you must be certified at minimum Cavern AND certified for the environment/intended diving activities.
· Tours conducted at Kilsby’s sinkhole allow site access for divers and snorkelers on the tour only. Spectators are permitted however a fee applies.
· No pets are permitted at any of the dive sites we visit.
· During catastrophic fire danger periods diving activities may be cancelled or rescheduled by the landowners. In this instance you will be entitled to a full refund or store credit if we cannot reschedule at a mutually agreeable time.
· In order to confirm your booking, we require payment of a deposit of 50% of the diving fees.
· Failure to comply with the guide’s reasonable directions both above and below water may result in you being asked to cease activities and leave the site. No refund will be given in this situation.
· Unless prior arranged, all activities meet at our store for paperwork and preparation. Going directly to the dive site will result in you missing your dive and no refund will be given in this situation.
· You are not to enter any property or return to any property without a Reef2Ridge guide onsite.
Tour Cancellation Policy:
You may reschedule or cancel your dives in advance of the scheduled date by giving written notice by email, however you shall remain liable for 100% of the diving fees if giving less than 24 hrs notice, 50% of the diving fees if giving between 1-3 days’ notice, 30% of the diving fees if giving 3-7 days’ notice and entitled to a full refund if giving more than 7 days’ notice. These amounts represent a genuine pre-estimate of the losses caused by your non-attendance, eg because the site owner charges us for booking your timeslot and has their own cancellation policy we must abide by.
· Our agreement to hire equipment to you does not constitute our encouragement or blessing to conduct your intended activities.
· We agree to hire you equipment that is in good working order, clean and serviceable.
· All rentals are for one day (returned by 19:00 same day) unless otherwise agreed.
· Late returns will be billed in daily increments.
· Any regulator that is returned flooded will attract a $99 service fee.
· You are to check the function of equipment before leaving our shop and must notify us of any malfunction or defect on return.
· Any wetsuit or boots returned smelling of urine will attract a $20 cleaning fee.
· You will be liable for any losses or damages to equipment in your care outside of fair wear and tear.
· If equipment is not returned your details will be provided to the police alongside a theft report.
· In order to confirm your booking, we require payment of a deposit of 50% of the hire fees.
Equipment Hire Cancellation Policy: You may reschedule or cancel your hire in advance of the scheduled date by giving written notice by email, however you shall remain liable for 50% of the hire fees if giving less than 24 hrs notice, and entitled to a full refund if giving more than 24 hrs notice.
· You should attend the beginning of the course with skills current at the level of your existing certification. Our programs do not have sufficient times allocated for refreshers, revision etc of previous certifications and our instructors will assume by your attendance your skillset is current as that of a student certifiable at the level of your current certification. If you have not dived at your highest level in a significant timeframe you can purchase additional “gap training” or refreshers to bring you up to speed before your course.
· Your booking is for provision of a typical program of training, at the end of which you will only receive certification if the instructor considers you have achieved the required standard of attitude, competence, knowledge and skills. If not, then you shall not receive certification, no part of the course fees shall be refundable, and you may need to enter into a further agreement for the purchase of additional training.
· If you fail to attend or are removed from a course prior to completion, your course fees shall not be refundable but your course voucher will be honoured for up to 12 months following the date the course was scheduled to begin, you will however forfeit any dive site/boat booking fees for the remainder of the program. If within the 12 months you wish to return to complete your training you may join into a pre-scheduled course that has capacity for you. You will be required to pay the dive site booking fees to finish the program.
· Should you fail to attend or are removed from a course a second time your course fees will be forfeited and may need to enter into a further agreement for the purchase of additional training at the instructor’s discretion.
· If making a booking for an otherwise unscheduled courses (i.e you have specified dates) you should be aware that if we cannot find a second student to attend the course, you will be liable for an additional 20% one on one course fee if you wish to proceed with the course. This fee ensures your course will still proceed and covers additional costs such as hiring assisting staff to complete team style drills, safety numbers (3 persons needed on a site to conduct a rescue) and higher access fee ratios. You will be notified that this fee will become applicable 14 days prior to the course commencement.
· During catastrophic fire danger periods diving activities may be cancelled by the landowners. In this instance the instructor will endeavour to find alternative dive sites or adjust the dive schedule. If this is not possible you will be given the opportunity to complete the course at a later date at no extra charge.
· You are encouraged to have Divers injury insurance similar to that offered by Diver’s alert Network.
· You are strongly encouraged to purchase travel insurance covering cancelled tours, equipment loss and flights.
· In order to confirm your booking, we require payment of a deposit of 50% of the course fees. The balance shall be due on the first day of the course.
Course Cancellation Policy:
You may reschedule or cancel your course in advance of the scheduled commencement date by giving written notice by email, however you shall remain liable for $99 per E-Learning code or manual received if giving more than 21 days’ notice, or 30% of the course fees if giving less than 21 days’ notice, or 50% of the course fees if giving less than 7 days’ notice. These amounts represent a genuine pre-estimate of the losses caused by your non-attendance, eg because the course may still need to proceed with less students to cover the costs.